Thursday, September 30, 2010

What Makes a Man a MAN?

To me, whether a man is athletic or not doesn't define whether they are masculine or not. It would be awesome if they had the same interests in sports as me, but its not the defining factor. What makes a man a man to me is more the hardworking protector that I know that I can rely on to keep me safe and to take care of me. I want someone who doesn't just expect things to get handed to them. I've dated my fair share of those type of guys and the relationship usually goes nowhere because they expect to not have to contribute anything to the relationship. There's something about a blue collar worker that I picture as being a MAN. A guy who drives a truck and can be a handyman with anything. They don't usually make a whole lot of money unless they are the hot shot guys running the show, but i find that blue collar workers usually take more pride in what they do than the "average joe".  I don't want some CEO of a company who drives a Mercedes and wears suits all day. Give me hard working MAN. :)

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you! I dont know how
    having muscles and playings sports made it to the top of the polls in class; to me that is just crazy and its nice to see someone else thinks that being a man is more than just having muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good post syd. most girls to me tend to look at guys from the medias point of view, and then imgaine that all guys should look that way. i mean its important to keep your body healthy and stuff, but i think its also what's in the inside that matters also. a combination of both should equal to balance out and make a man a man no matter what he looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, a white collar worker will never truly measure up to your definition of masculinity? Those are men who work really hard for their jobs as much as blue collar workers do. And they usually have more time to spend with their families. What have they done to be so rejected as properly masculine men?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this post! I would rather respect someone who works hard for their money and is truly a hard worker rather than someone who spends all day at the gym with lots of money. This is a good post!

    ReplyDelete